Join me in June for this exciting new workshop and photography tour set in the in the beautiful city of Washington, DC!
The capital city of Washington, DC is one of the most photographer friendly and photogenic cities in the world. With broad, well lit streets, a low skyline and classic monumental architecture, Washington, DC is often compared to a classical European city. For travelers and photographers of all levels, Washington is a wonderland of photographic opportunities just waiting to be captured!
Spend the day capturing images of some of the most iconic architecture, museums and historic sights in the world. Whether you are a veteran photographer, a visitor or a traveler preparing for a trip, this photography walking tour is a perfect choice.
The day includes the iconic sites you know well, plus a tour of the museums of the eastern area of the National Mall, located between 14th Street, NW and the US Capitol Building. Along the way, we will visit the National Museums of American History, The American Indian Museum, I.M. Pei’s award winning East Wing of the National Gallery of Art and the stunning Smithsonian Castle. The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Gallery is a ‘must-see’ destination for any Washington visitor.
We will end our day with a will to the recently completed National Museum of African American History and Culture, one of Washington’s most compelling works of architecture and an exciting new addition to the national mall.
Neil Colton is an award winning Washington, DC based professional photographer. He began his photography career as an architectural photographer, working with some of Washington’s top architecture and design firms. Neil has also worked as a photojouranlist and an editorial photographer. Neil’s background in photojournalism gives him an understanding of the power and the craft of visual story telling. His travel and documentary photography has been featured and published in The Washington Post, Elan’ Magazine and Professional Photographer, among others. Working with Neil, you will not only learn about the city and the sites you will visit, you will also learn how to create a photographic story of the day, with compelling images of some of the world’s most iconic and historic buildings and monuments.
At the end of the day, you will have a new collection of wonderful images of the Icons & Museums of Washington, DC and the city that is home to them.
What You Will Learn
We will discuss both the technical and the creative aspects of travel photography, including:
- Best gear choices for travel photography
- How to photograph architecture on your travels
- How to compose your images for impact
- How to create extraordinary images from ordinary scenes
- How to create compelling portraits of people on your travels
- Creating a visual story of your travels
- Quick and simple post production options
- Creating a ‘sense of place’ in your work
- Photographing people on your travels
Sites On The Tour
- The White House
- The Executive Office Building (one of the most distinctive and under appreciated works of monumental architecture in Washington, DC)
- The Vietnam War Memorial
- The Lincoln Memorial
- The Korean War Memorial
- The WW II Memorial
- The Martin Luther King Memorial
- The FDR Memorial
- The Jefferson Memorial
- The National Museums of American History, Natural History and the American Indian
- The National Air & Space Museum
- The National Gallery of Art & The East Wing
- The Smithsonian Castle
- The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture ( Just added. The newest museum and one of the most exciting works of architecture on the National Mall!)
“It was truly a great experience having you personally taking me around the city and teaching me excellent photography tips and insights from your considerable personal experience.”
Santa Monica, CA
Join us for this exciting day photographing the iconic sites, monumental architecture and award winning museums of Washington, DC!
Place: Washington, DC
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017
Contact Neil at Neil@ColtonPhotography.com for details and ask about the VIP Discount for Facebook friends and followers!